Saturday 7 July 2012

My new equipment

In order to learn how to decorate properly I needed to purchase some new equipment to help with this. To start with I looked at a few other blogs and tried to get some ideas off them. I also had a real think about what I wanted to achieve with my decorating.

My first order was for piping nozzles, bags and some gel colours. I ordered all these from Amazon looking carefully at reviews but also prices.

I was very pleased with my nozzle set that contain 52 different nozzles. It came quickly and I'm looking forward to trying it out and working out what all the different shapes produce. I've never used a piping bag before so it's going to be an interesting challenge.

My new nozzle set.. 52 pieces!!
The piping bags were just a cheap set from Amazon, again with really good reviews so we though we'd give them a try.

100 new piping bags, these are massive but can be cut down to size

My biggest extravagance was my first ever set of gel colours from Wilton but according to the reviews these go a long way and are well worth the money. Apparently I need to be very careful and just use a toothpick to add a little colour throughout the icing so I'm looking forward to putting this to the test and seeing what colours I produce from the starter kit I've got.

My new gel colours

I still want to get some edible glitter as this is very effective. I also would like to get loads more cutters in different shapes, at the moment my lovely mother has got me a foot print and a veined butterfly and we have a Christmas tree... not really a good collection yet but hopefully we can build that up. I've seen some good sets on Amazon with many different pieces. I'm keen to get some more flowers and sizes but also farm animals, trains etc.. lots and lots of possibilities.

2 comments:

  1. I get my gel colours from ebay - I wonder if yours were cheaper? Have a look...the place I got them from had LOADS of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have thought of checking ebay.. when I need more I'll certainly compare prices. Thanks for the advice :D

    ReplyDelete