Saturday 22 June 2013

Food Plan week ending 22/06/13

This week we didn't have a huge variety of meals as most of them went quite a long way. 

Sunday - We went over to Gary's parents and had a lovely pasta bake. 

Monday - I made a bacon, sweetcorn and pea risotto. This is an old recipe that I got off the BBC website but can no longer find. It's very straightforward and we have adapted it slightly over the years. I fried some diced onion until soft, added cubed bacon and fried until cooked. Added risotto rice and chicken stock. This is all cooked together until the rice is lovely and fluffy. Add frozen peas and sweetcorn for a few minutes and then serve. 

Tuesday - Risotto from Monday

Wednesday - I tried a new recipe from the BBC Good Food Magazine and the recipe can be found here. I got part way through making this and realised it was quite similar to the chicken recipe I made a few weeks ago, however, it was very tasty and a nice variation.  I did make some adjustments to this recipe as well to try and pad it out a little. I added some onion to the potatoes at the start and then later on I added some pepper. With the addition of these ingredients we got 5 portions out of the meal. I used chicken breast rather than thighs. I intended on using 3, however, our naughty cat helped herself to one while it was defrosting on the side so we could only use 2. Needless to say she was in big trouble after that. Anyway the meal was really tasty, I served it with some more veg. The flavours of the rosemary and garlic really added to the taste. 

Thursday - We had the final portions of risotto from Monday. 

Friday - Gary decided he wanted pizza so we had a take away from dominos, yummy!! 

Saturday - Left over pizza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment