Saturday 16 November 2013

Family Update November 2013

Recently I haven't been updating my blog as much as I'd like to, nor have I been doing as much baking as I'd like. So I thought it was about time I explained why and gave a little update on how things are going. 

We are all doing very well and the reason I haven't had time to do anything is because I've been so busy. My parents have decided to make a move and downsize their house. I have spent a lot of time up in London helping them prepare their house for the market and declutter the huge amount of stuff they own. After a lot of hard work by everyone involved the house went on the market and they got offers from 3/4 people that viewed the house. I bet the estate agents will be repeating that statistic to everyone. In addition to this my parents are kindly lending us the means to purchase a house of our own. So we've been house hunting. After a few weeks of searching and a lot of waiting I'm pleased to say we've had an offer accepted on a house. Hopefully no one will pull out and everything will go smoothly but we will have to wait and see. In the new year we will be in a new home. 

A real bonus to moving will be that I can finally register my business and start making cakes for profit. Whilst I know my current kitchen is hygenic, it hasn't been able to meet with hygiene standards due to the design of this flat. The kitchen in the new house will need some work and we intend on doing an extension but at least it has that potential. 

In addition this I've been doing my sugarcraft course, which of course I've been writing blogs on, which I'm really enjoying. 

Mini Manley is doing very well. She's a cheeky madam and will only get worse as she gets older. However, she is a smiley happy baby, we constantly hear her giggling from her cot in the mornings, or any time she's supposed to be sleeping!! She's desperate to start crawling and is doing her best to learn this skill so flips herself over and wiggles her legs around like mad. She loves her food and is happily munching her way through everything we've given her except brocoli. She has a cows milk protein allergy so we have to be careful what we give her, but I'm hoping to start getting her onto more exciting meals soon. 

Gary is doing well and his blog is going from strength to strength. For those interested it can be found here

Mini Manley

No comments:

Post a Comment