Wednesday 9 July 2014

PME Sugar Flower Diploma

I decided to improve my skills by doing a PME Sugar Flower Diploma. These courses are run at select locations across the country and are tightly monitored by PME. I chose a shop in Maidstone to do my course, Confection Perfection, and I'm really glad I did as I've now found a great shop, great set of courses and a great bunch of people. 

I did the course over 10 weeks, 2.5 hours a week and we worked really hard over that period of time. I wanted to reinforce everything so I spent lots of time each week practicing the flowers and making many more. 

Over the course of the 10 weeks we've progressed from basic unwired flower plaques to creating individually wired petals put together as a flower. I've made some sprays and posies putting the flowers together. For our final assessment we had to create 4 seasonal plaques with the unwired flowers and then a display board for all the wired flowers. I'm going to show pictures of each of the flowers I've made by taking photos of that section of the board. 

Summer Plaque:
Summer
On this plaque we learnt how to make Gerbera and unwired Ivy leaves. 

Spring Plaque:
Sping
Primrose flowers and Leaves

Autumn:
Autumn
Acorns and Oak leaves with Autumn leaves. 

Winter:
Winter
Holly leaves and berries. Christmas rose and a Poinsettia. 

Wired Flowers, these are all pictures of my display board which can be seen at the end. 

Rose spray
Rose bud, half rose, full rose and full blown rose. Also rose leaves and rose petals. 

Carnation Posy
Posy of Carnations with wired ivy. 

Orchid bunch
Yellow Freesias with white Cattleya Orchids and yellow and red Cymbidium Orchids. 

Calla lily bunch
White Calla Lilies, White Jasmine, Lilly of the Valley and Berries. 

Honeysuckle
Honeysuckle and leaves.

Lily
Easter Lily, I put 3 lilies on the board, this Easter lily along with star gazer and a tiger lily. I also put some orange buds. 
Lilies
Blackberries
Blackberry stem, unripe, almost ripe and ripe berries along with various stages of the leaves (Summer through to Autumn). 

Complete Board
And this is the finished board. In the corners there is blossoms and also some daisies on the dummy cake. 

Through all this hard work I passed and achieved my first diploma certificate. 
Certificate
I'm very pleased and feel like I earned it. I have another diploma, plus a load of other courses, this month and hopefully I can get on to the last diploma. Once the 3rd is completed I'll have the set and will have obtained my masters certificate. I hope you'll agree that my flowers have certainly improved through the duration of the course. I feel like I've learnt so much and can't wait for other aspects of my decorating to improve when I attend the next courses. 




No comments:

Post a Comment