Monday 3 September 2012

Baked Omelette

I decided to try this recipe as it was the next one out of the hat and I had all the ingredients in the flat for once. Baked Omelette from page 30 of Jo Wheatley's Passion for Baking book. 

This is meant to be a breakfast recipe but I had it for my lunch and reduced the portion size significantly. I only used 3 eggs and 3 rashers of bacon and added in some tomatoes. I also used milk instead of double cream. 

The first step is to fry the bacon and the onion until they're nicely brown, I also added the tomato in order for this to be fried as well. Meanwhile whisk the egg and the milk together. Combine all the ingredients into a hot pan and place in the oven for 20 mins. 

This is a very easy recipe but I have the same problem with this as I had with the oven baked breakfast, is it really worthy of a page in a baking book? It is a very simple recipe and there's nothing new about it. It's just an omelette. 

My finished omelette. 
The verdict? It's nice but not amazing. I'm enjoying it for my lunch and being someone that's not keen on runny eggs, it's nice and solid. But like I said, it needed something special to be worthy of going in this book, it doesn't have it. 4/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment