Thursday 18 April 2013

1000 page views this month so far!!

I was just checking on my blog stats, as you do, and I noticed that this month has not only beaten my all time high for page views but has already surpassed 1000 views since the beginning of April!! Thank you to all my readers, I'm not sure why you keep coming back but I do appreciate your loyalty and am hoping I inspire some of you. 

For those that have been following my story with HG and my pregnancy I wanted to give you an update and, at last, it's a fairly positive one! 

Last week I ended up seeing the GP as I was really beginning to struggle emotionally with the nausea and being stuck inside. She was really good and set a few things in motion. One of which was that I was to go to the hospital and have some checks. The GP really wanted me to get some fluids so I could be hydrated again. After a REALLY long wait in the hospital I finally got seen by a very good doctor. Whilst she didn't give me fluids (apparently no vomiting means no fluids) she didn't want me to leave without a plan of action. So she gave me some new drugs to try and booked me in with the consultant for follow up work. 

The new drugs are great, they work really well in addition to what I'm currently taking and for the first time in 8 months I feel hungry and thirsty!! I was able to get up and do bits and pieces on Saturday and I feel so much better. I have to be very careful not to over do it as I have very little energy and reserves but at least I don't feel nauseous all the time now. Fortunately the consultant today has extended these drugs and allowed me to stay on them with the strict instructions that I'm to build myself up over the next 2 weeks and drink lots of fluids. In a few weeks I'll meet him again and we'll discuss how to take things further, I may be induced closer to my due date if everything is favourable. 

So I feel a lot better, not sure if I'm up to much baking yet but I have started up the knitting again and my brain is once again feeling more active. I now just need to focus on getting through the next weeks. I'm going to focus on getting to the next consultants appointment and take it from there. In 3 weeks I'll be very close at 38+4 weeks!! 

Thank you for all your support, the thing that has helped me the most in these days has been the messages of love and concern I received from people. My birthday couldn't have come at a better time because the cards I received really helped lift me, knowing so many people bothered to remember me. I  hope that you'll all get a chance to meet Mia when she's here, we're currently busy arranging a big get together for all friends and family so if you're interested, just let me know. 
I wasn't really sure what picture to put on this post but Cali wanted to say hi!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment