Monday 3 June 2013

Choc-Cherry Muffins

I wanted to make some cakes for Gary to take back to work, his first day after having m&m, so I looked through my vast pile of waiting recipes and chose this one. Choc-Cherry Muffins, I took the recipe from the BBC Good Food magazine but it can also be found here

The recipe is very simple and it's basically just a normal cupcake recipe to start with. Cream the butter and the sugar, add in the eggs and finally the flour. The chocolate comes in the form of chopped up plain chocolate, this is stirred into the cake mixture. Once this is light and fluffy then it is placed in muffin cases, I made 16 from this recipe. 
Fluffy batter ready to go in cases.
The recipe states you should use tinned cherries, however, these aren't sold in our Tesco so I used frozen cherries that I'd defrosted throughout the day. The cherries are added to the muffin cases, once the mixture is in there, and pressed into the batter. I added around 3-4 cherries per muffin, this meant that there were plenty of cherries left over and I certainly didn't require the quantity stated in the recipe. 

The cakes were then placed in the oven and cooked for 25 minutes, for once the timing on the recipe was actually correct and the cakes were beautifully cooked after this time. I got them out and left them to cool on the rack. 
Cakes ready to eat..yum!! 
Verdict: I gave these muffins 9/10 and Gary gave them 8/10. They were really tasty with the chunks of chocolate and cherries. With each bite you got a different flavour and the combination was really good. Gary took them into work and his colleagues also agreed that these were very good. It's a shame I don't have more to eat :(. 

No comments:

Post a Comment