Sunday 13 April 2014

An update on us.

Since I haven't done much baking recently I thought I'd write an update on how we are all doing. Considering I'm writing this at 3am that probably shows my main issue at the moment. I am not sleeping. 

We are still in the process of trying to purchase a house. We've had 2 houses fall through and now we're on our 3rd. The journey has been anything but smooth for us and even with this house we've come up against lots of issues and things to sort out. I just hope that everything can be ironed out and we're not in for any more surprises. We hope to exchange in the coming weeks and then move shortly afterwards. Finally I won't be surrounded by boxes, trying to find my pots and pans out of boxes, and cooking with limited ingredients. It'll probably take us a bit of time to sort out the new kitchen but even the current one is bigger than the space I'm currently working with. I'm looking forwards to having the storage to bulk buy and having some variety. 

Amelia is doing well, she is crawling around the room at great speed now and standing every chance she gets. She is able to get around the room on her feet if she can find enough pieces of furniture to hold on to and recently we've had a little mishap where she didn't manage to find anything and took a tumble. I can't believe that in just over a month she'll be 1 year old, time this side of the pregnancy goes so fast!! 

I feel like things are starting to settle down for me now. I'm in counselling and mentally feeling much stronger. I am, however, suffering with a lot of side effects on my current drugs, not sleeping being one of them, so not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to fight through this. If I could just get the sleep sorted then I feel like I'm managing to get through the day much better. I hope that once the house stress is all settled down, things will start to fall into place. 

I am in the process of creating another cake, you'll see the blog post later in the week. And eagerly anticipating starting my sugar flowers course at the end of this month. Hopefully the course will be everything, and more, I'm dreaming of. I would like it to be challenging. 

Gary is doing well. He's now running a no strings badminton sessions at Lewes Leisure centre so if anyone is free please drop by. The more people the better!! 

Right I'm going to find another film to watch on the tv as I wait for the house to tick by. Maybe I'll get some sleep in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment