Sunday 7 September 2014

Simple White Roses

For my final display cake I went back to the flowers theme but decided to make it much simpler. I wanted to introduce a little colour, but subtly, so I covered the 3 tiers in a pale blue icing. I used 3 dummies, 10", 8" and 6", on a 14" drum. I covered the drum in pale blue icing as well and trimmed everything with cream ribbon. 

I made some cream and white roses for the top and side of the cake. On top I created a topper with rose leaves as the base and then 3 large roses on top of this. 
Roses on the top
Part way down the cake, on each tier, I added a small rose bud and then on the board at the bottom I placed another full rose. 
Roses on each tier
Finally I placed some rose petals scattered over the cake, these were cream with a hint of pink at the tips. 
Petals scattered on the cake
Overall the effect of this cake is very simple but effective. I like making cakes like this and I hope that it'll inspire some brides in the coming weeks. 
Finished Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment