Monday 8 June 2015

Frozen Dome Cake

I was asked to make a frozen cake for a little girl's birthday. I was sent a picture they had seen and used this as my inspiration. 

I have seen online that there is a trend for having glass bowl on the top of the cake, especially on frozen cakes. I purchased the characters online and sold these on at price therefore not making a profit and not breaching copyright. 
Characters in a bowl
The cake was a vanilla sponge filled with vanilla butter icing and raspberry jam. I covered the cake in blue sugar paste and then topped this with a smaller piece of white sugar paste. 

She wanted a little bit of sparkle on the cake so I sprayed it with lustre to give it a slight shimmer to it. I also sprayed the piece that I put on top of the bowl. 

The snowflakes were made using the Claire Bowman Crystal lace mat and lustre white cake lace. These are so effective and look great. They can easily be stuck on with water. 
Cake Lace
I stacked the cake together and the final step was to pipe the message onto the board. 

I've been told the birthday girl was really happy when she saw that cake, which is lovely. I hope she had a fantastic party and it's always nice to receive positive feedback. What do you think of this one? 
Finished Cake



No comments:

Post a Comment