Tuesday 25 August 2015

Cherry Blossom Cake

I was asked to make some unusual cakes for a local coffee shop and one idea I found was a cherry blossom cake. I wasn't happy with the original recipe so I adapted it until I came up with something I was happy with, and here is the result. 

Ingredients: 
285g Self Raising Flour
70g Plain Flour
285g Stork
285g Caster Sugar
5 Large Eggs
1 tsp Orange blossom water
Grated rind of 1 Orange
100g Cherries, stoned and chopped up

Preheat your oven to 180oC and line an 8" round cake tin. 

Cream together the stork and sugar until very light and fluffy. Add in the blossom water and orange rind. Gradually beat in the eggs one at a time. 

Add in the flour and mix together slowly until combined. Be careful not to over beat at this point and only use the slowest speed on the mixer. Stir in the chopped cherries. 

Pour into the cake tin and bake until the cake is springy to touch and a skewer comes out clean. Mine takes around 1hour30mins but check it before this point. 

Leave the cake to cool completely then decorate. 

I filled this cake with a vanilla buttericing and cherries stirred in: 
250g Softened Butter
500g Icing Sugar
100g Chopped cherries

Beat together the butter and icing sugar until soft and then stir in the cherries. 

Ready to go to the coffee shop
If you try this cake please let me know how you get on. I'm very interested in photos and stories. 
To order this cake direct from me for wholesale or one off purchases please just get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment