Monday 28 January 2013

Mincemeat Buns P.465

When my mum came to visit me today she had a lovely present for me, a jar of mincemeat. I love mincemeat so when I saw this recipe I thought it sounded delicious but we couldn't find any mincemeat in the shops. So was delighted by this surprise present. 

This is a very easy recipe, I didn't have any currants so these were omitted today. It's an all in one recipe, so combined in the bowl I placed mincemeat, eggs, sugar, margarine and self raising flour. This was all combined with the whisk and then placed in the cupcake cases. 
Cupcakes in the oven

These were then placed in the oven and cooked for around 30 minutes until the cakes were golden brown and springing back to the touch. These were left to cool and then we sampled them. 

Out of the oven and cooling
Inside of the cupcake, could do with a little more fruit. 
As my mum provided the key ingredient this time I have used her opinion for today's verdict. I thought this cake was delicious, the flavour of the mincemeat was strong enough to be tasted throughout the cake, and I didn't find these cakes too sweet. My mum says that the cupcakes are very nice but a crunchy topping of maybe some demerara sugar. My mum gave the score of 9/10 and I also agree with this mark of 9/10. I felt that the cake would have been even better if I'd followed the recipe and put in some currants for a bit of extra fruit. 

This recipe was so good that I'm going to attempt to make it again with these small changes, I will keep you posted on how this goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment