Friday 7 June 2013

Week meal plan for 2 - 9/6/13

Today I made a new recipe for dinner which was tasty. I didn't take pictures as it isn't really baking but mum has suggested that I post a meal plan at the end of each week with tried recipes, what worked, improvements etc. I feel like this is a good idea and would work well with the blog. Unfortunately it's now Friday so this week's meals consist of just the 1 new recipe. I'll try and remember what we ate this week though to get this started:

Sunday - We can't remember what we had on Sunday so it obviously wasn't anything exciting!! 

Monday - I made a chicken "stew" this is very simple but Gary seems to like it. This is an old idea that I picked up from my mum over the years. I made a white sauce and added to it cooked chicken. Once this was a lovely thick mixture I added 2 chicken stock cubes and some frozen mixed vegetables. This is the served with rice. Very simple but effective. 

Tuesday - Left over from Monday. 

Wednesday - Meal out, I got back too late to make us dinner having a stressful trip out.

Thursday - Gary and I had a meal out courtsey of my parents, thank you!! First evening leaving Mini Manley on her own with Grandma. 

Friday - Chicken and Quinoa Salad with Beetroot yoghurt. This was a new recipe taken from the latest edition of the BBC Good Food magazine. At present I can't post a link, I think they may not post the recipe until the magazine is slightly older, but I will update this as soon as I can. I made a few changes to the recipe, instead of quinoa I used cous cous and instead of chicken thighs we had legs. To serve it make it go further I pulled the meat off the chicken and mixed this into the cous cous with the vegetables. We got approximately 6 servings out of the recipe. In order to make this go further next time I would add more vegetables that roast well, maybe pepper and tomatoes, to pad it out with cheaper ingredients. 

Saturday - We will have the left over dinner from Friday. 

So this week just the one new recipe but was very successful and has moved into the "to keep" pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment