Monday 22 December 2014

More Christmas Cakes

I was asked to make a victoria sandwich cake decorated as a Christmas cake. Because of it being a sponge cake I needed to make this last minute so it couldn't be made with the previous batch. I was asked to decorated it with robins and trees, I also added snowmen and presents.

I filled the cake with jam and vanilla butter icing and then covered it in white sugar paste. I then modelled the trees, snowman, robin and presents out of icing. I first marked out where the Christmas message was going to go so I could place the models around the edge of this and fit it on.
Close up of the top
Finished Cake
 I also finished one of our Christmas cakes this weekend. It is a rich fruit cake and I decided to decorate it with trees and a snowman, I used this as a practice for the above cake. I don't think the white trees worked very well and is probably not something I'd do again. I prefer the green cone shaped trees, these worked much better.
Close up of Snowmen
Full Cake
I have one more Christmas cake to make this year and again that's for my own family. I've decided to do something quite different for that one but I won't be doing it till next week so you'll have to wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment