Thursday 1 January 2015

Anniversary Cupcakes

I was asked to create some cupcakes for a 60th wedding anniversary. I was asked to make red and white roses and to use edible lace in the design. I drew up a few designs and after some discussions we agreed in 4 main designs and 3 different flavours. 

So I created 20 cupcakes which were flavoured lemon, chocolate and vanilla. 

Using edible lace mats I made up various designs and used these to decorate the cupcakes. I piped along the edges of some to add more definition. I had made the roses out of flower paste, this was more of a challenge than usual as they were so small but after a few practices I got it sorted. I made red and white roses. 

Those cakes with roses I piped in the opposite colour in a "birdcage" effect. 2 of the cupcakes I decorated with edible diamonds to represent the diamond anniversary. 
Vintage Cupcakes
I was pleased with how these cupcakes came out and I hope my customer enjoyed them. I believe they fit the brief. I'm pleased to have this order so I can show that I can make cupcakes too. 

If you're looking for cakes, for any occasion including weddings to birthdays, please get in touch to discuss your requirements. 
Edible Lace and Roses

No comments:

Post a Comment