Monday 2 February 2015

Black and White Wedding Cake

I was asked a few times about black and white cakes over the autumn so I decided to create a cake suiting this style to give the brides some idea. I used a square cake dummy stacked at a slight twist so it creates a different effect. 

I purchased some black cake lace and made it by the instructions. I then stuck these on each tier. 

Cake lace
I used some feathers in the top of the cake and finally I made a blossom flower and stuck this on the edge of the cake. 
Blossom Flower

I personally wouldn't choose this cake but I know that some people would like it and it would suit some themes. It was fun to make and I like the idea of the feathers on the cake and it's easy to get these in different colours. I hope this inspires some people and makes them think a little outside the box. 
Finished cake


No comments:

Post a Comment