Tuesday 14 April 2015

Brush Embroidery Cake

For my sister's birthday, my mum suggested I tried out a new technique called brush embroidery. I made a lemon cake which I filled with lemon butter icing and lemon curd. I then covered it in sugarpaste and set about designing the cake. I imprinted some flowers on to the cake and created the design. Using royal icing I piped a little at a time and used a brush to drag the icing down and create the effect. This is the first time I've done this technique on the cake and is certainly something I'd like to practice again. The effect on the cake was nice but I feel that it could have been a little neater. 
Top View of the Cake
Do you like this cake? 
Overall View of the cake
If you need a cake for any occasion please don't hesitate to get in touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment