Thursday 16 April 2015

Wedding Anniversary Cake

For a couple's wedding anniversary I was asked to recreate the top tier of their wedding cake. I made a square rich fruit cake and covered it with marzipan and then several layers of royal icing. This process takes a while as each layer needs to dry before another is spread onto the cake. 
I next made the sugar flowers for the top of the cake. I made these to match the original bouquet so they were carnations, freesias and lily of the valley, all in white. 
Flowers on the top of the cake
My next task was to create the swags on the side of the cake. I first marked these along the edge of the cake making sure everything is even and neat. I then piped on top of these with royal icing. Each swag is 4 layers thick, so piped along it once, left it to dry and then piped again until each had 4 layers. This builds it up and brings it out from the side of the cake. 
I then piped shells along each of the edges of the cake and down the corners. 
Finished Cake
I hope the couple and their family liked the cake. I was pleased with how it turned out and considering it was royal icing I'm even more pleased. 
If you like a cake for any occasion please don't hesitate to get in touch. 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the information, i have got the best information. 50th anniversary cakes

    ReplyDelete