Thursday 16 April 2015

Giant Ice Cream Cupcake

For my older brother's birthday I made a giant cupcake which I decorated as an icecream cone. I made the bottom of the cake as a chocolate cake and the top half was vanilla sponge. 
The bottom of the cake was covered in vanilla butter icing and then covered in chocolate fingers. 
Side view showing the chocolate fingers
The top has swirls all over the cake to imitate the swirl from an ice cream machine. I then decorated it with chocolate sprinkles, chocolate sauce and flake. 
Top view showing the "icecream"
I think overall the effect was good but there's still practice required on both making giant cupcakes and decorating them. I hope my brother liked the cake and enjoyed eating it. 

If you need a cake for any occasion please don't hesitate to get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment