Thursday 16 April 2015

Patchwork Quilt Cake

For my younger sister's birthday I made a patchwork quilt cake. She doesn't like sponge cake so I made her a rich fruit cake which I covered in marzipan and sugar paste. 
My first job was to create the quilt. I used little circles and rolled these into the paste so it was a smooth finish, you have to be careful to roll in both directions in order to maintain the circular shape. I then used a quilting tool to create stitch lines along the cake. 
Top view of the cake
Added to this some buttons which I made using a mould. To finish up I put some yellow ribbon around the cake. 
Side of the Cake
I hope she liked the cake and enjoyed eating it. I hope it was a simple but effective idea. 

If you need a cake for any occasion please don't hesitate to get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment